A cooking lesson has a variety of advantages. For example, if you enjoy cooking, enrolling in a class will allow you to spend time with others who share your interests while improving your abilities. Alternatively, you may broaden your horizons by trying different foods and methods from around the world.
Cooking courses may also be an excellent opportunity for coworkers to get to know one another via a pleasant culinary activity. In addition, visitors to Singapore can enroll in a cooking class to learn about the local culture while also sampling the cuisine.
Singapore is home to several establishments that provide cooking lessons that are engaging and hands-on for people of all abilities. Here are Singapore’s top 5 cooking lessons, as ranked by reviewers in 2021.
1. FOOD PLAYGROUND
|Best for||Singapore cultural cooking classes|
|Address||24A Sago Street, Singapore 059020|
|Phone||+65 9452 3669|
Food Playground, a culinary school in Singapore, opened in 2012 and is rated the best on Tripadvisor. Visitor immersion is the focus of this multi-award-winning school, which promotes authentic Singaporean food.
Daniel, the school’s founder, got the idea for the school while on a backpacking trip across South America and Southeast Asia. He realized that in a new nation, eating is essential. Food Playground aims to let visitors get to know the people while also learning about their culture.
● The school is situated in the bustling Chinatown district.
● The school will package and distribute the components in advance for virtual team-building workshops. lessons are geared for people with little or no prior knowledge of cooking.
● Communal dinner after sessions is a great way to meet new people and form new friendships.
● Programs for fostering cooperation among coworkers
● Classes in culturally-based cooking
● Meetings for creating a virtual team
● Classes for children in holiday cooking
● Classes in online cooking are available.
2. COMMUNE KITCHEN
|Best for||Southeast Asia Cuisine|
|Address||Level 3, Downtown Gallery, 6A Shenton Way, Singapore|
|Phone||+65 8821 4805|
|Opening Hours||Mon-Sat 10:00-18:00|
Commune Kitchen is a fully accredited cooking school with a solid reputation for providing accessible, hands-on learning opportunities. Chef Payal Thakurani, who has been in the business since 2012, is in charge.
Chef Thakurani is the author of the best-selling cookbook “Curries for the Soul” and a talented chef. She has been a gourmet from an early age and feels that food is crucial in uniting a family. Her cooks are pleasant and welcoming, and she offers cooking courses in a variety of cuisines, including Taiwanese, Srilankan, Xiao Long Bao, and Indian curries.
● The school is conveniently located in the heart of Singapore’s business district.
● Participants of all ages and abilities, including children, are welcome to attend classes in the well-designed state-of-the-art kitchen.
● Dads and spouses are encouraged to attend weekend sessions to learn more and become more engaged.
● There are gift cards for sale.
● Courses in the art of cooking
● Tours for foodies with catering
● Events that foster cooperation among coworkers
3. PALATE SENSATIONS CULINARY SCHOOL
|Best for||Upgrading professional skills and advance level cuisine|
Chromos #01-03, 10 Biopolis Road, Singapore 138670
|Phone||+65 6478 9746||Website||https://www.palatesensations.com/book-classes|
Beginning in 2005, Lynette Foo operated Palate Sensations out of her San Francisco apartment. She is a certified instructor with the Ministry of Education (MOE) and possesses an advanced diploma in French cuisine from the Bakery Industry Training College (BITC).
An experienced and skilled staff supports her, intending to provide learners with concepts and practices that will help them improve their performance. Palate Sensations offers classes for both beginners and experienced chefs.
● Classes are held in a restaurant kitchen equipped to a high standard.
● You’ll have everything you need, including ingredients and utensils.
● The Buona Vista MRT station is a short walk from the school.
● The 2,000-square-foot studio features an open layout with all of the newest technologies.
● Cooking workshops for team building
● Children’s boot camp over the summer vacation
● Celebrations and get-togethers
● Aspiring culinary artist
● Courses for vacationers
● Classes may be taken at any time, anywhere.
● Particularly demanding courses
4. D’OPEN KITCHEN
|Best for||Corporate team building events|
|Address||Anson Rd, 10 International Plaza, Singapore 079903|
|Phone||+65 8228 6217|
D’Open Kitchen has hosted more than 30,000 fun-filled team-building events so far, with over 30,000 people participating. Culinary expert and recipe creator Trish Yee established the company in 2014. Fortunately, she has a solid staff of chefs at her disposal who are experts in various cuisines.
D’Open Kitchen offers cooking courses for both individuals and groups. Companies who sign up for team-building events can choose from a broad choice of exciting activities.
● The school’s mission is to promote community connection via cooking workshops.
● Food presentation and enjoyment will be taught through practical exercises in these courses.
● To improve the learning experience, new approaches and unique components are added.
● Organizing team-building activities that involve cooking
● Basic skills in the kitchen
● Cooking in a virtual environment is possible thanks to a renowned chef
● Decorating cupcakes
● Classes in baking
● Workshops on Chinese dim sum cuisine
● Workshops on making sweets for dessert
● Classes for preparing fresh pasta are available.
5. BRETTSCHNEIDER’S BAKING & COOKING SCHOOL
|Best For||Baking and Pastry making|
|Address||1 Greendale Avenue, Singapore 289495|
|Phone||+65 6463 5508|
Professional baker and patissier Dean Brettschneider is well-known across the world. He’s authored 12 cookbooks and served as a judge on several television shows. Brettschneider’s Baking and Cooking School, where he shares his love of baking with a team of experts, now houses his baking passion.
She worked at Singapore’s National Museum at Flute’s Restaurant as Chef Jenna White. She was the head pastry chef at the time. Jay Soh, a veteran of the hotel business with over 15 years of expertise, is yet another qualified individual.
● The school is conveniently located in Bukit Timah’s lush Hillcrest district.
● It provides training for professionals in a brand-new kitchen that was purpose-built for the facility.
● Day, evening, and weekend baking and culinary workshops with hands-on experience are all offered.
● Classes in baking
● Preparation of desserts
● A lesson for parents and their children
● the process of baking bread
● Making Chinese cuisine with dumplings
● Barista-made seafood latte and fine-art latte design